home about categories website pinterest instagram facebook contact

{Nature Photography: Kings Gap State Park - Carlisle, PA}

Kings Gap State Park is a beautiful, and relatively unknown, park in central Pennsylvania. There is an amazing 1900's house overlooking a breath-taking view of the Cumberland Valley, in addition to gardens and miles of hiking trails. My husband, Aaron, and I spent an entire Sunday afternoon there just reveling in the beauty of this park.


















Unknown (August 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM)  

Lovely photos of a very special place? Do you have more? Specifically, photos from inside the mansion? I am especially interested in an unusual painting -- done directly on wood with the natural grain and coloring showing through -- depicting wildlife. It was built into the beautiful woodwork around the living room fireplace, and was one of the few fittings of the mansion that has remained in place. I would guess that it was painted during the 1930s. I am especially curious because I recently saw a similar painting in a private home in California. I would love to know more about it.

jennifer (August 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM)  

Yes I know what you mean, however, I only saw it once and do not have additional info or pictures of it. If I make it back there I will definitely look into it and post something else.

Post a Comment