home about categories website pinterest instagram facebook contact

Katie + Troy Engagement | Fairfield, PA Photographer


So when this is one of the very first shots of the session, I know it's going to be great!  Katie and Troy are so cute together!!  And Troy was extremely attentive to her, I love that.  Unfortunately, it was a  little bit windy, but he was there to swipe the hair from her eyes :)  This session was shot at Troy's grandfather's farm in Fairfield, PA.  He owns around 200 acres of apple and peach trees and it's every bit as amazing as it sounds.  I've always loved the landscape between Chambersburg and Gettysburg with all the orchards (and a few wineries!) and rolling hills.  So when they suggested this farm, I was all "when can we start"! 

I'm so excited and honored to be a part of their fall wedding at Mount St. Mary's University in Emmitsburg, MD.  It is the perfect time of year for a wedding and, if their e-session is any indication, the photos will be gorgeous!!  Enjoy!



Did I mention there is almost a foot of height difference?!  It was somewhat challenging and cute all at the same time!


We were blessed with gorgeous light for this session. 


This barn is over 100 years old!  And the apple crates in the background were such a great detail .


I could not wait to get into the orchard.  These trees are amazing!  Troy said the trees are around 50 years old and, currently, the oldest trees on the property.  I bided my time until the sun was juuuust right :)  I love how all the blooms were dappled with light. 




So I've been driving around for the past few weeks drooling over all these random yellow fields.  I honestly don't remember fields so beautiful in springs past.  Every time I see one, I think 'I could shoot an ENTIRE session right there, just in this field'.  So to my extreme amazement, this farm had one of those fields.  I was so excited, that I actually left it for last...almost like my dessert for the session.   I'm seriously weird like that, but I knew it would be oh so worth the wait...and it was :)





Katie is seriously gorgeous!










Tags: Wedding photographer, Engagement photographer, children photographer, family photographer, lifestyle photography, Chambersburg, PA, Greencastle, PA, Hagerstown, MD, Frederick, MD wedding photography, Harrisburg, PA, engagement photography, Carlisle, PA, Mechanicsburg, PA, Shippensburg, PA, Washington DC 

Post a Comment