home about categories website pinterest instagram facebook contact

The Modern Classic | Defining a Style

It's so hard to believe we're nearing the end of January already.  Unfortunately, I've been sick for most of 2014, which has been a huge downer considering the new year is such an exciting time.  Fortunately, however, it's given me much-needed time to reflect.


I'm about to enter my 5th wedding season.  During the past 5 years, I've changed my logo, my website, my camera, and my business cards.  I've learned a lot about photography, have witnessed so many beautiful moments, and met incredible people.  One thing that has remained the same: my desire to document and share a couple's story.  Some may frown on the word document and think it's a little harsh when referring to weddings, but I disagree.  To document is to preserve.  To document is to create evidence that something existed.  To document is to record a memory.  And that is what I do.  
How I document a couple's story is one of the most important parts about me as a photographer.  It's why a bride and groom should hire one photographer over another.   Basically, this comes down to style: every person has one, it's my job to convey my style to you and your job to make sure it matches yours.  After much thought and consideration, I have finally defined, in words, my style:  The Modern Classic.
Classic is timeless . It will never be considered trendy or dated. I don't apply a one size fits all action, preset or filter to my photos.  Your images will look beautiful and relevant to every generation after you. 
Modern refers to keeping the images fresh with new techniques, angles, and creativeness.  
We've been blessed with modern, classic brides and I'm so thankful my couples can recognize their style in my work.  I will continue to photograph weddings (and all photo sessions) in the modern, classic mindset and am thankful to create art that I love while documenting a couple's love story.


Post a Comment