home about categories website pinterest instagram facebook contact

The Studio | Hagerstown, MD Children Photographer

Our one-year-anniversary with the studio has officially came and went!  As I reflect over the past year, I definitely learned a lot about my business and who I am as a photographer.  When I first started, I photographed children primarily outside in the beautiful, natural light.  Well, lets be realistic, the weather is not always beautiful and sometimes it's just downright miserable (hello winter 2014).  I know first hand it effects the session; if children are cold or unhappy outside it WILL reflect in the photos.

When I thought about a studio, I pictured a small, dark space with bright off camera lighting rigs.  Scary.  And the typical studio photos.  You guys know what I mean :)  But the more I imagined what I would want in a studio and how it could reflect my business, the more I began to want one.  My image was a bright, neutral space with high ceilings, nice flooring and simple backgrounds/props.  I found exactly that in my studio at Mulberry Lofts in Hagerstown, MD.  The best part is I can meet with potential wedding clients there as well as photograph children's sessions, cake smashes, maternity, and boudoir.  Now, it's hard for me to imagine my business without it!  I still love photographing children, families, and, of course, couples in the beautiful sun, but I'm so thankful to have an alternative on those cold winter days.

This is an iPhone picture of when I first moved in and we finished the floors.  It looks a little different now, but this gives you an idea of the amazing light that pours through the windows.


Here's our most recent session.  Rylee is the best one year old and photographing her was such an enjoyable task :)
She brought her favorite chair from home for the session
 Love this half smirk ;)

Post a Comment